Please Login or Create an Account
SEEDS Partnership for Undergraduate Research (SPUR) Fellowship
Create a New Account
The coming SPUR Fellowship will run from February 2022 through August 2023. The award includes:
- A paid summer research or internship opportunity with a partner site with travel and research expenses covered.
- Participation and travel expenses to the 2022 SEEDS Leadership Meeting.
- Participation and travel expenses to the 2023 SEEDS Spring National Field Trip
- Participation and travel expenses to the 2023 ESA Annual Meeting in Portland, Oregon.
The SEEDS Fellows get to experience every aspect of the SEEDS program with just one simple application! This is a fully funded fellowship – all travel experiences are covered by SEEDS and the partners.
- Undergraduate students seeking a Bachelors degree (graduation date no earlier than Spring 2023) – freshman, sophomores and juniors.
- Associate degree with the intention of receiving a Bachelors degree
- Supports the mission of SEEDS
- Underrepresented minority, low income, first generation college and veteran students are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Able to work in a highly independent manner – (Most often mentors are located in different areas from the fellow’s home institution. SEEDS staff and the rest of the fellowship cohort will also be located at distance.)
- Maintain regular and reliable communication via email, phone, and web meetings
- Must participate in scheduled web meetings with SEEDS staff and the fellowship cohort
- Meet all deadlines
- Maintain a LinkedIn profile and acknowledge the Fellowship on LinkedIn profiles, conference abstracts and proceedings and publications as specified (instructions will be provided)
- Write and publish a blog on your reflections as a SPUR Fellow after your summer experience
- Please see the individual Partnership Research Sites for any further requirements
You must be fully immunized against COVID-19 at least 14 days prior to arrival at internship site. All selected recipients will be required to submit documentation of vaccination during the onboarding process. If you do not receive a vaccination due to medical or religious reasons, an exemption form and negative covid test within 72-hours before arrival to the internship will be required. Please notify ESA staff immediatley if you require a vaccine exemption by emailing email@example.com.